Memory Map information / Introduction

Announcements, dicussion about any topic that would have broad interest to the forum members

Moderator: Freon

Memory Map information / Introduction

Postby grannypotts » Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:34 am

Hello / Hallo / Привет / Ciao / Bonjour,

I recently stumbled across this website while browsing through some “other” more popular Subaru web sites. I currently have an aftermarket flashing tool offered by a major tuning house commonly abbreviated as the “AP”. This tool offers various “stage maps” including one for economy driving and a few other theft deterrent maps. I just recently started looking at the maps and realized these maps only appear to flashing about 2K worth of RAM or NVM. Again, I just started looking into this. I was wondering if anybody had any information that could possibly help push me in the right direction. I understand the nature of what I’m asking for and won’t be surprised if I get no responses, but you can’t hit a home run if you never step up to the plate…. Right?

As for myself, I’ve been working in automotive embedded electronics for about five years in the Detroit area. Most of my experience has been with 8 bit controllers on smaller projects like: Keyless Entry, Body Controllers, Memory Seat / Mirror controllers, Fuel Pump Controllers and HVAC controllers. However, I have done some limited work with GM upgrading their 16 bit math libraries to accommodate 32 bit processors.

Finally, does anybody know what type of communication protocol the 2004 WRX is using? CAN / LAN / K-Line / Basic UART / etc?

Does anyone have a master database list as well?

Thanks for reading,
-GP
grannypotts

Postby grannypotts » Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:35 am

Nevermind about the communication protocol. I found the message list for the ISO9141 K-line.
grannypotts

Postby DaveImpreza » Sat Feb 12, 2005 3:10 am

where ? :shock: :shock:

Dave
DaveImpreza

Return to General Discussion