Does anyone have time to look at a couple of logs?

Announcements, dicussion about any topic that would have broad interest to the forum members

Moderator: Freon

Does anyone have time to look at a couple of logs?

Postby JimbobUK » Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:55 am

Hi all,

I'm at the stage where I want to check that my engine is running healthily and all sensors are accurate before I make any changes...

The car is a Euro 01 WRX...

Here is a log taken last night (one 2nd gear accel, and one 3rd gear accel).

I don't really know which are the essential params to log, so activated all the obvious ones... Perhaps this reduces the sample rate? Any suggestions?

The IAM seems to be sat at 15 for the past few days, but I notice that the rear O2 rich signal is high most of the time when on boost. Is this normal? Can anyone give me a health check? :-)

Thanks,
James
Attachments
2nd_3rd_gear_accels.xls
(70 KiB) Downloaded 300 times
JimbobUK

Postby moxie » Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:34 pm

How is the car running?

I dont see any obvious problems, though the log is short.
I could be missing something... I dont claim to be all knowing.
moxie

Postby JimbobUK » Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:38 am

Hi Moxie,

Well, sometimes the car seems quite a bit slower than its optimum (when the logs were taken it didn't really feel at it's best).

I was slightly concerned by the Rear O2 rich signal... Is this normal?

Many thanks,
James
JimbobUK

Postby moxie » Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:26 pm

I wouldnt worry too much about the rear o2 signal.
That is purely emissions control.

Any mods?

I have some log files of my car at home, I will take a closer look at them tonight to see and compare :)
moxie

Postby JimbobUK » Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:51 am

Thanks for the interest Moxie!

Mods, yes, it has a Hayward and Scott backbox, center pipe and de-cat downpipe... (It still has the original center cat and up-pipe).
JimbobUK

Postby crispyduck » Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:33 am

I recommend you set ecuExplorer to convert Injector usage from pulse width (mS) to duty cycle %. Right click the live data window area, it's all under there. While your at it convert KPH to MPH.

Regarding your logs, they seem reasonable. Interesting though that your Ignition Advance Multiplier (IAM) is at 15. 16 is the best it gets. There is one main reason for this dropping back from 16 and that's coz it detects knock. Obviously many reasons why this could happen. With that said, dropping back only one to 15 I would have thought was ok. If goes back to say 8 then you'll want to look at that.

What petrol are you using?

Think I have a similar set up on a MY03 WRX, although have a raised boost. With your decat you may find (as I do) that your Injector Duty Cycle (IDC) is high. When you convert it to % we'll see. Research has told me that anything above 80-85% IDC is too high for long term injector longevity and you may risk running lean at some point in the future.
-Steve.
crispyduck

Return to General Discussion