ECU revision wiki

Announcements, dicussion about any topic that would have broad interest to the forum members

Moderator: Freon

ECU revision wiki

Postby qoncept » Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:21 am

I'm planning on tuning my buddy's car, hopefully next weekend, and was trying to pick out the latest ECU revision would work on his hardware and I realized I don't have a clue what his hardware is. Wouldn't it be great to have a wiki where we could track all this stuff, where we could just go look and find the most recent revision for our ECU and then find a place to download it?

I just tried starting a new page on scoobypedia but I don't have time at the moment to get to it (and I don't know how to add a new page). Something like this: http://www.pgmfi.org/twiki/bin/view/Lib ... itionCodes but maybe a little prettier.
qoncept

Postby crispyduck » Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:40 pm

qoncept,

I was just repling to your email, but I've just noticed you are well on your way.

You're doing the right thing by modifying an existing page and adding a reference to your new page (which you havn't created yet).

When you submit this chnage and view the result you will see a link to the new page. Simply click the new page. In a Wiki, if the page doesn't exist you will go straight in to edit mode to create it. If the page does exist clicking it will display the page. Click edit at the top of the page to edit an existing page.

If this is the first time you have ever editted any page on Scoobypedia you need to enter something in the Author field e.g. your nickname. Optionally enter a Summary of Change. This information is displayed in the Recent Changes link on the sidebar helping people keep up and track chnages in the Wiki. You can also connect your favourite RSS client to this feed to stay even more up to date.

Any questions just let me know.
crispyduck

Re: ECU revision wiki

Postby crispyduck » Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:04 pm

qoncept wrote:... Wouldn't it be great to have a wiki where we could track all this stuff, where we could just go look and find the most recent revision for our ECU and then find a place to download it? Something like this: http://www.pgmfi.org/twiki/bin/view/Lib ... itionCodes but maybe a little prettier.

Great idea. Can anyone supply the raw information? I'm more than happy to publish & format in a table etc.

Although I'm more than happy for you to upload attachments which you'll link to on Scoobypedia, I recommend you all continue to publish the library of ECU images here on OpenECU. The new ECU Version Compatibility List page you've started will simply link back to the appropriate OpenECU page. I've done this for you for the A4TF500F on your Wiki page.
-Steve.
crispyduck

Re: ECU revision wiki

Postby Jon [in CT] » Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:04 pm

crispyduck wrote:Can anyone supply the raw information? I'm more than happy to publish & format in a table etc.
Is this the kind of info you're looking for?
http://forums.openecu.org/download.php?id=214

It's only got info for US models and doesn't list the original CalIDs for any model year (only CalIDs of fixes).
Jon [in CT]

Return to General Discussion