HELP: 10:1 AFR on Intake positive pressure transition

Announcements, dicussion about any topic that would have broad interest to the forum members

Moderator: Freon

HELP: 10:1 AFR on Intake positive pressure transition

Postby bchslap » Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:18 pm

New engine, many changes, running Enginuity..
Engine details:

2002 WRX
EJ25 block/crank
Arias 9.5:1 pistons
Eagle H-Beam cromoly rods
ARP head-studs and rod-bolts
Cometic Head Gaskets
TGV deletes
Modified stock Injectors (~830cc, decapped)
Precision GT32/55 turbo (48lb/min)
Rotated uppipe
Tial 46mm Ext. Wastegate 1.1bar spring
Tial 50mm BOV
Precision FMIC
2.5” hot-side FMIC piping
3” cold-side FMIC piping
3” intake (MAF in 3” pipe)
Aeromotive fuel rails
3/8” fuel lines
STI FPR
Stock cams
3 angle valves, blended bowls
Modded ARFab oil pump (190*F, 40psi idle, 100psi @ off-idle)
Walbro 255lph, 40psi idle

Symptoms:
Cold:
*Starts right up, no worries, vroom
*Idle rock solid ~1100, slowly down to around 750-800 til warm.
*Revs fine
*Settles back to idle fine

Warm:
*Rough idle
*Blip the throttle, revs up fine, stumbles and/or dies upon returning to idle
*Idle low and rough enough that when the coolant fan kicks on, the engine instantly dies
*Holding throttle to 1000, 2000, 3000, etc., will hold solid. Very minor 'miss' feel, about 1per10sec Return to idle is hit or miss, will randomly die.

*When it dies, and I restart it, it starts right back up.
New LSU4.2 wb02 sensor, and OE front o2 sensor.
*Map is scaled out to 400g/s.

As well, I’ve verified that the MAF is oriented on top of the pipe, and the plug faces the engine, so this would place the MAF in the correct position. When I took it out of the factory airbox, I marked an arrow on top of it, for flow direction, and also verified correct orientation.

As of today, I've changed the injector scalar from 830, down to 725. Made it a little worse, if anything. changed to 850, got better. 890, even better.

Ok, I loaded the adjusted map, and test drove it.. The stall at a stop was the same, and the “fall down” when reaching 0psi or greater, was dramatically worse with the 725 setting on the injector scalar. So, I went the other way with it, and ended up scaling all the way up to 890. It still lays down when reaching 0psi, but then will try pull through it, and boost flies up to 10psi, but still feels luggish. I noticed, that with the setting of either 725, or 890, it goes PIG RICH, down to 10:1, even saw some 9s in the wbo2 logging, when it transitions from vac. To positive pressure. I’ve attached a couple logs. Ive increased the idle to the 900s, and either/or/both that and the scaling has helped some with the stalling at a stop. Not gone, but a little better.

At any rate, I’d like to ask, is scaling the injector larger, actually making ‘less’ fuel, or ‘more’ fuel to be injected? What am I totally overlooking, here?

i've attached a couple logs, and can email the map and xml if requested.
Attachments
enginuitylog_20071231_150855.csv
last log of the day. see RICH condition on vacuum to boost transition. FULL RICH..
(57.49 KiB) Downloaded 435 times
bchslap

Return to General Discussion