Post your OpenECU success story here!

Announcements, dicussion about any topic that would have broad interest to the forum members

Moderator: Freon

Post your OpenECU success story here!

Postby Kha0S » Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:18 pm

There doesn't appear to be a centralized place where individuals who have successfully tuned their vehicles with OpenECU-based tools to share their experiences and success stories...

If you've had success downloading your ECU image, modifying it, and uploading it back to your car, post in here with the details of what you've done and how you did it!

My experience:

Hardware:
OpenPort 1.0W
TechEdge WBO2 20A wideband O2
PSI3 SECS 1001 dash display

Software (and authors):
ecuFlash (cboles)
ecuedit (epifan) plus XML definition (my own)
TARI ecuExplorer (Calvin)
TEWBLOG 2.0C (Justin Luton)
ssmdash (my own)

Car details: MY02 US WRX, catless up-pipe, downpipe, and high-flow muffler, stock turbo, upgraded fuel pump

ECU version: A4SG900C

The current ROM that I'm running has been modified to disable a few CELs, running increased boost (peaking around 16.2psi) and turbo dynamics (to minimize spiking due to high-flow downpipe). I've also started to lean out the fueling a little bit to bring my AFRs to around 10.5:1 towards the top of the rev band.

I can't describe how much fun it's been to work with some of the tools that this community has created, and designing tools of my own. The past few months have seen huge advances in usability, and I can't wait to see where we'll be in a few more months!

/Andrew
Kha0S

Return to General Discussion