format of ECU output

Announcements, dicussion about any topic that would have broad interest to the forum members

Moderator: Freon

format of ECU output

Postby wheelerjb » Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:23 pm

Where can I get information on the style or format of the info coming from the computer and going into these data logging programs? IS it RS232, CAN, or something else.

MY goal is to write a labview front panel that will allow you to pick what you want and see it in graph form, dial guage form, whatever.

does this make sense.

thanks
wheelerjb

Postby ahains » Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:58 am

Take a look around the site, probably the quickest way to get started is to grab one of the open source loggers (I know at leats c and java are represented here so far) available for download.

The data is SSM (if I recall the acronym correctly) - Subaru Select Monitoring protocol, or something like that :)

-Adrian
ahains

Postby wheelerjb » Mon Dec 26, 2005 6:55 pm

I have the tactrix cable and hooked up with the Tari software. I then spent a couple of hours just trying to get "something" to come in as a serial port. I woudl have been happy with just garbage...but got nothing. anyone have any thoughts?
wheelerjb

Postby cboles » Mon Dec 26, 2005 7:08 pm

If you want to learn how other programs do it, download portmon.exe from www.systinternals.com, and you will be able to save nice logs of what is sent / received by the data loggin program. Then you can start by writing code which emulates this behavior.
cboles
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion