The new guy!

Announcements, dicussion about any topic that would have broad interest to the forum members

Moderator: Freon

The new guy!

Postby Dc » Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:16 am

Hey everyone,

I came across your site while tryin to find a more detailed/cheaper alternative to an AccessPort. I only have two questions:

- I have very limited knowledge of coding, should I give the OpenPort + EcuFlash a shot, or just stick with an AP?
- How hard is it to use EcuFlash to reflash the ECU for a DP/UP combo?
Dc

Re: The new guy!

Postby ahains » Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:21 am

Dc wrote:Hey everyone,

I came across your site while tryin to find a more detailed/cheaper alternative to an AccessPort. I only have two questions:

- I have very limited knowledge of coding, should I give the OpenPort + EcuFlash a shot, or just stick with an AP?
- How hard is it to use EcuFlash to reflash the ECU for a DP/UP combo?

It is very easy to use EcuFlash to reflash the ECU with whatever image/ROM you have.
However there are no published images/roms at this time, so you're only options would be:
(1)Spend some time and effort to engineer your own image. The address locations are noted in posts in this board, but you still need to know how to encode the data. For instance you can find the location of the fuel map, but the information is not out here yet on what exactly to set if you want say 20 milliseconds of fuel. You need to know this to make any changes.

(2)Find someone who knows how to edit the image, and have them make one for you.

I don't have any help for you on either route, but I would expect that it won't be all that long before we have some more info out here on how to edit your own maps. After this happens, either option should be viable.

Hope that helps,
Adrian
ahains

Postby crazymikie » Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:27 am

I just picked up a wideband O2, so I'd be up for playing around with mappings if someone could help develop a gui to view/edit the ROMs as in a user-friendly way. I have no experience with windows GUI development, so sadly, all I have are some ideas. Don't really have the time to learn and implement right now.

Mike
crazymikie

Postby Spiider » Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:44 pm

I can tell you all that info regarding what each value represents.

Ie. one +/- hex value = ??? parameter change
Spiider

Return to General Discussion