CEL format

Announcements, dicussion about any topic that would have broad interest to the forum members

Moderator: Freon

CEL format

Postby dubya_rx » Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:47 am

I probably keep harping on this when no one else is interested... :lol:

Is there a standard software interface for reading CEL type data (trouble codes) off the ECU, as opposed to engine data? Is it documented anywhere so I could try to write some code to grab and clear CELs?

Thanks for any info.

-Walter
dubya_rx

Postby Spiider » Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:05 pm

I think you are talking about basic OBD2 now when you get into cel clearing.
Maybe it can be done within SSM also though.

Isn't this stuff in ram? ie. not rom
Spiider

Postby calvinc » Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:18 pm

CEL's can be read from ECU through SSM. there is a current and historic set of memory addresses. still getting to those.

they are cleared by doing an ECU reset. both features will be available shortly within the next TARI app.

calvin.
calvinc

Re: CEL format

Postby bofh » Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:58 am

dubya_rx wrote:I probably keep harping on this when no one else is interested... :lol:

I am interested, but I don't have a lot of good information. There is source code for some ODB2 software at http://www.scantool.net/software/scanto ... l#download but it is designed to be used with an ELM based interface. You will need to do all of the communication stuff the ELM chip takes care of. However, this may be a start. No reason not to have good ODB2 software for the Tactrix cable.
bofh

Return to General Discussion