Keen new member from AUS (2005 WRX)

Announcements, dicussion about any topic that would have broad interest to the forum members

Moderator: Freon

Keen new member from AUS (2005 WRX)

Postby adamw » Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:23 pm

Hi All

I have been cursing the fact that there is no free software available for reflashing the Subaru ECUs, as this sort of thing has been available for a long time for LS1 V8 powered cars etc.

Was a blessing to find this forum and see all the work that is going on!!

I'm interested in contributing however possible - I own an MY05 WRX in Australia. Should I start by dumping the image? Will order my cable today!

I am also a software developer by trade so can help out there if needed.

Regards
Adam
adamw

Postby richip » Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:35 pm

Hi, Adam.

My name's Richi and I feel exactly the way you do. I'm a software developer by profession, working primarily with Linux systems. I've also extended my aid in designing, programming or reverse-engineering.

Check out the OpenECU Software forums. The software devs have a couple of posts there with regards to plans, designs and some code.

There are a couple of nice links to technical stuff in the General Discussion forums (in the OpenPort 1.0 thread).

I'm hoping Colby will release some code (any code) soon so I can start working from my platform (Linux). I'd like to pattern whatever I do on the win32 code.

Hoping we can make here something better than what's commercially available.
richip

Postby adamw » Sat Aug 13, 2005 10:33 pm

I'm sure the clevers guys working on this aren't going to have a problem producing a nice tuning tool.

We have pretty functional map upload/download, and live logging tools now don't we? Is anyone working on a tuning tool at present?

I'm not sure if this is helpful, or who I should e-mail this too, but I have a photo of my MY05 Impreza WRX (AUST) ecu which I believe has the ECU model number etc. on it. See attached.

Adam
Attachments
2005WRXAU_ECU.jpg
2005 Subaru WRX (AUST spec) ECU
2005WRXAU_ECU.jpg (77.06 KiB) Viewed 3293 times
adamw

Postby richip » Sat Aug 13, 2005 11:57 pm

Where is the ECU located, anyway? I'd like to get a peek at mine but have no idea where to look.

FYI, I have an '05 Subaru Legacy GT.
richip

Postby YumGTR » Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:52 am

richip wrote:Where is the ECU located, anyway? I'd like to get a peek at mine but have no idea where to look.

FYI, I have an '05 Subaru Legacy GT.

it is under the passenger side kickpanel. pull the plastic tabs out of the top of the carpet, pull back the carpet, and there will be some nuts or bolts you can remove on a plate you can take out so you can access the ECU.
YumGTR

Return to General Discussion