**Warning** minor

Announcements, dicussion about any topic that would have broad interest to the forum members

Moderator: Freon

**Warning** minor

Postby Hobbes » Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:18 pm

I started running quality check and found an issues with A4SGE01C

The target boost map in A4SGE01C offsets are labeled incorrectly according to the offset listing. The auto and manual
Maps are reversed.

The best offset info I found was posted by Spidee (wish you could get more) I used that to compare def and found the conflict.

2B3DA-2B3EB = DESIRED BOOST MANUAL RPM (VERTICAL)
2B3ED-2B3FC = DESIRED BOOST MANUAL THROTTLE (HORIZONTAL)
2B3FF-2B446 = DESIRED BOOST MANUAL DATA VALUES

2B447-2B458 = DESIRED BOOST AUTO RPM (VERTICAL)
2B45A-2B469 = DESIRED BOOST AUTO THROTTLE (HORIZONTAL)
2B46C-2B4B3 = DESIRED BOOST AUTO DATA VALUES

The def for Enginuity, EcuFlash and ecuEdit uses these offsets

#2B403 AT

#2B470 MT

verifying against the offset data 2B470 is in the auto range not manual.

The concerns is identical maps can be reversed in its labeling or the map could be missing. Catastrophic consequences can occur if the target map is not modified.

Example:

If the low det and high det maps are reversed problems can occur because the ECU’s perform the lookup based on the offset. If the map is labeled incorrectly you will be making changes to the wrong offset locations. Modifying the High det map locations instead of the low det location.

The procedure is to modify all common maps equally but some of us are opting to use single maps and this could cause problems.

There are skilled and beginners out there but this problem can bite anyone of us.

I think that in depths offset information is critical. I found this problem after a few checks using Spiidee info. ( really good data hint hint ). We need to get solid data to insure that the maps are in order. This may be the only issue out there but just the sheer number of us creating def increases the odds.

Hobbes
Hobbes

Postby Spiider » Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:30 am

I knew there were some differences between my def's and the later def's that came out. I figured that my method was more prone to error.
Spiider

Re: **Warning** minor

Postby Freon » Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:57 am

Hobbes wrote:The procedure is to modify all common maps equally but some of us are opting to use single maps and this could cause problems.

Well, #1, don't do that. Don't tell people to do that. Encourage people to keep modifying all maps. I completely agree with what you're saying.

The high and low det fuel maps should be obvious as to which is which when opening a stock map.

Here are a few questions. How can you really tell when an auto and manual map are flipped? I can think of only two solutions. Either someone tests it out on their car, or someone decompiles the ROM and checks.

I guess what really would need to happen is to have some sort of process to submit XML data and have a verification process performed before they are released to the public. I'm not sure the resources for this are available.
Freon

Postby Hobbes » Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:01 am

What I meant about common maps was within the HEX

modify common maps
IWDC A
IWDC B
IWDC C
IWDC D

keep those values in the map the same, that way between all four offsets value the ecu looks up the same value.

Alot is still unknown and we should not take anything for granted even the maps that we pull. One wrong value in the right place and cost you dearly.

Reverse engineering requires a foundation to build on. Offset ranges provides the foundation and create guidelines for us to locate maps. This in turns builds solid defs.

Dont take me wrong I am amazed at the progress. I will always use this forum as an example of what people can accomplish if they work together.

I'm only saying keep pushing just procede with caution.

After 3 years I finally got rid my of the 4800 det problem in my STi without giving up a arm and a leg!

Thanks guys!

Hobbes
Hobbes

Postby Tea cups » Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:28 am

Spider's work was great. Problem is, you are looking at relatively ancient posts when the definitions were not well known and were just starting out. No one uses these (those that were reversed) offsets today as the correct offsets are known.

The defs for Enginuity and xmlwrite as it pertains to the boost map and fuel maps (and everything else) are the correct definitions. I've tested them myself on my 02 wrx on several revisions a while back (zero'd out the AT maps). I've also verified the code as these conditions are quite easy to check on the 16-bit roms.

There's no need for a repository of verified definitions as hardly anyone is working on definitions anymore. Most people use xmlwrite for Ecuflash and Ecuedit (ecutek's data file) and use the defs that come with Enginuity. If you notice a problem with Enginuity's defs, then you can ask on the forums about it. You can't really post up xmlwrite defs as most people are little skittish about hosting them because of where they came from.
Tea cups

Postby Hobbes » Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:56 am

Thanks, Tea Cup

So you are saying "Hobbes that was so 90'S" the currect date is Sept 20, 2006. Want to catch up?

lol

I'm just cautious in the things I do.

Give me an update on some of the issues.

Hobbes
Hobbes

Postby Tea cups » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:40 pm

Hobbes wrote:Thanks, Tea Cup

So you are saying "Hobbes that was so 90'S" the currect date is Sept 20, 2006. Want to catch up?

lol

I'm just cautious in the things I do.

Give me an update on some of the issues.

Hobbes

More like "Hobbes that was so 2005". :D It's amazing how far we've come in a year. I can't think of any outstanding issues as it relates to the Enginuity defs. Something might pop up down the road, but for now everything seem to be good. Best thing to do is to download the latest Enginuity defs and Enginuity and open your rom and try it out.
Tea cups

Return to General Discussion